Coming to Elkhorn, on Aug. 13-15, is DAS Fest USA at the Walworth County Fairgrounds. The Elkhorn Chamber of Commerce and the United Way of Walworth County invite you to #DiscoverYourDeutsch this summer at DAS Fest.
Here are six fun things you can do at DAS Fest this August:
- PROST!Celebrate with us under the Oktoberfest Tent and in DAS Biergarten! Toast to German culture with a liter of Hofbrau, Paulaner or Leinenkugel’s Oktoberfest at DAS Fest’s Opening Ceremony, Friday, Aug. 13 at 5:30 p.m. Stroll Stein Street at DAS Fest, and enjoy local brews along with craft sensations all the way from Germany!
Dance at DAS Fest by welcoming The Alex Meixner Band for three full days of entertainment on the Oktoberfest Stage, where you can get your polka and best dance moves on. Joining the Grammy-nominated musician will be Copper Box, The Freistadt Alte Kameraden Band, Bolzen Beer Band, The Happy Players, Alpine Blast, Alpensterne and The Chardon Polka Band.
- EAT! With Mader’s Restaurant on the grounds, their menu alone will be worth coming to DAS Fest this summer. Save room to enjoy German cuisine and festival treats from the full line-up of food vendors. Dessert lovers listen up: You must stop at INGE’S Konditorei (DAS Fest’s German pastry shop). Black Forest Cake, Bienenstich, and other classic European desserts will tempt every sweet tooth. Complement your dessert with a fresh cup of coffee or glass of German wine. Dessert before dinner is highly acceptable — in fact, it is encouraged.
- SHOP! Explore the Indoor Marktplatz, Outdoor Marktplatz and craft vendors at DAS Fest. Strut your stuff in a new dirndl or lederhosen. You will also find DAS Fest USA souvenirs; nutcrackers; steins; candies; jewelry; hats; and of course, the official inaugural DAS Fest USA 2021 pin!
- PLAY! Grab a dauber and enjoy Bingo at TRIXI’S Game Garten Friday and Sunday, hosted by the Treehouse Child and Family Center. It’s the same Bingo you know and love, but you’ll need to shout “Volltreffer” if you have the winning card. On Saturday only, you can play a round or two of Sheepshead at TRIXI’s Game Garten. Play the games for bragging rights and a chance to win prizes. Bingo and Sheepshead cost to play. When you are done playing at TRIXI’s, take a spin on the merry-go-round or other carnival rides at DAS Fest!
- RACE! Enjoy a Saturday morning DAS Fest 5K through the Walworth County Fairgrounds and surrounding areas. Cool off with a stein of Hofbrau and step onto the sidelines to cheer on the Doxie’s at DAS Dachshund Races Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m., 3 p.m., and 5 p.m.
- STAY! With three full days of bands, brats and biers, stay the entire weekend and enjoy DAS Fest Friday, Saturday and Sunday. DAS Fest is surrounded by several full–service resorts with luscious grounds and amenities to explore. Book your stay, and don’t miss one minute of DAS Fest USA!