There are plenty of reasons to visit Elkhorn, Wisconsin, this summer. Here are our top FIVE!
- Natural beauty: Elkhorn is surrounded by stunning natural landscapes, including the Kettle Moraine State Forest; explore the beautiful trails and scenic views of this natural wonder. Spend a day on Lauderdale Lakes catching fish and enjoying the scenery. Go kayaking or canoeing on the White River; paddle through the peaceful waters and enjoy the wildlife.
Take in scenic views at Evergreen Golf Club, a 27-hole golf course surrounded by countryside and wooded areas. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and some challenging holes at the golf course at Alpine Valley Resort, where you’ll also find luxurious accommodations, including indoor and outdoor pools.
- Fun events: Elkhorn is home to a number of fun events throughout the year, including Elkhorn Ribfest, DAS Fest USA & the Walworth County Fair, which draw visitors from all over the region. Cheer on Southern Wakes United as they host a weekly water ski show at several of the surrounding lakes in Elkhorn.
- History: Elkhorn has a rich history, and visitors can explore it at the Walworth County Historical Society Museum and other local landmarks. Enjoy weekly music in the park at the Holton Band Shell located at Sunset Park.
- Shopping and dining: Elkhorn has a charming downtown area with a variety of shops and restaurants to explore. Attend a farmers market and stock up on fresh, local produce and artisanal goods.
- Proximity to other attractions: Elkhorn is located within easy driving distance of other popular destinations in Wisconsin, like Lake Geneva and Milwaukee. During your stay, visit the Apple Barn Orchard and Winery. Pick your own apples and enjoy a glass of wine on the beautiful orchard grounds. Stop by Duesterbeck Brewing Company to experience brews on the farm with live bands and entertainment year-round.
Wisconsin offers us a handful of months to enjoy all the summer fun in Elkhorn! Be sure to visit and explore #53121forFUN!